At Ediston, we’re committed to ensuring that you receive the highest standard of service and quality of product and that you enjoy the experience of buying and living in your new Ediston Home.
That’s why we make the following commitments to you in our Ediston Customer
• Our Customer Charter is important in setting out our commitment to you and is displayed in our sales offices and on our website. When you buy a property from us, a copy of the Charter will be given to you following reservation.
• We have undertaken to comply with the Consumer Code for New Homes. A copy of which will be given to you following reservation. Information relating to the code is available at the following website: www.consumercodefornewhomes.com.
• We have procedures in place to ensure that we meet our commitments to you as set out in this Customer Charter and in the Consumer Code. We will provide you with comprehensive guides and will also meet you to explain the process of buying a new home from us and the details of your new home. The Home Owner Handbook will give you the information to use your property fully.
• Our staff have been trained to ensure that they understand our responsibilities to you and to enable them to fulfil the commitments made to you in this Charter and in the Consumer Code. We will give you the name and contact details of our staff who will be responsible for helping you during the buying process and after completion of your home. We will also explain how we will deal with your questions.
• Our marketing and advertising will be clear and helpful.
• We will provide detailed information, in clear terms, about the property we are selling to you prior to making a binding commitment to purchase.
• You should choose and appoint your own solicitor or conveyancer to represent your interests and deal with the legal formalities of buying your home.
• We will explain how we protect your deposit. If we receive other pre-payments from you, we will tell you how we will deal with them.
• The terms and conditions in our missives will be clear and fair.
• We will make your cancellation rights and your rights to a refund of any deposit and reservations clear to you.
• We will give your reliable information about the timing of the construction, date of entry and handover of the property. Once the date of entry is set we will ensure that ownership of the property is transferred to you as soon as possible thereafter and that we adequately demonstrate the functions and facilities of your home to you.
• We will inform you of any health and safety precautions that we and you must take before you make a visit to the development site under construction. If you are living on a development site where construction work is continuing we will advise you of any matters to which you should be aware.
• We will give you Health and Safety information for your home under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 which will advise you how to care for your new home in the years to come. We will do this after you have been given notice of your date of entry at or just before handover.
• We will give you reliable information about the independent third party warranty provided with your home and any other guarantees and warranties from which
you may benefit.
• Our Home Owner Handbook informs you about the after sales and emergency services that we provide for a certain period after completion. A 24 hour, 365 day response service for emergency calls, out of normal office hours, will be provided. Both this and after sales service will be available for 2 years after your date of entry.
• We will tell you about our procedures for dealing with customer complaints, including the availability of any services that can help resolve complaints about warranties. We will deal with any complaints within a reasonable timescale and ensure that you are clear about the actions being taken. We will always accept
responsibility for warranty service requests where we may have failed to meet the industry performance and tolerance standards. Should there be a disagreement, we will always honour the independent findings of the arbitration service provided by the industry body. Where appropriate, the warranty provider may refer you to the independent Dispute Resolution Service. Your normal legal rights are not affected by these processes.
We always aim to be helpful, efficient and professional in our relationship with our customers. If you feel you have not been afforded the level of service to which we are committed, please in the first instance contact the head of the Sales Team.